Metal Reinforced Gasket (MRG)
PRODUCT TYPE: Metallic Gaskets
MRG Gaskets consist of a metal core, generally of stainless steel, with a smooth finish on either side.
A sealing layer is usually applied on both sides and depending on the
duty, the material for this layer can be graphite, PTFE (Teflon), Mica,
Novus High Temp. Other materials may be used depending on your application. The sealing
material layers protect the flange surfaces from damage as well as
providing an excellent seal.
MRG gaskets have a wide seating stress range which makes them:
- Highly suitable for varying temperatures and pressures.
- Less sensitive to assembly faults (inaccurate bolt tensioning).
- Suitable for both light and heavy designed flanges.
- Temperature resistant up to approx 1,000 °C dependent on layer material. Resistant to media pressures up to 40 bar.
assembled the remaining thickness of the sealing material is extremely
low (0.2 - 0.25 mm) thus reducing leaks, fail rates and environmental
- Will not damage flange surface and is easily removed.
gasket cores are re-usable after cleaning, inspection, profile tracing
and relayering with new sealing material. This is of particular interest
in the case of costly heat exchanger gaskets when using Monel and other
- Reduces maintenance costs and leakage.
Please contact our technical sales team for further details. Tel: +61 (08) 9455 2155