Pikotek® VCS™ Isolating Gaskets/Kits
PRODUCT TYPE: Flange Isolation-Pikotek
The Pikotek® VCS gasket provides exceptional insulating and general sealing performance in aggressive material applications.
spring-energized face seal, or an elastomeric O-ring, seated in an
insulating laminate and permanently bonded to a high-strength stainless
The VCS gasket is suitable in all
services up to and including ANSI 2500# and API 10,000# classes.
Due to its unique pressure activated sealing mechanism, the gasket
requires far less bolt stress to seal than any other gasket. The VCS
gasket inner diameter is exactly matched to the flange bore to eliminate
turbulent flow and flange face erosion/corrosion. The seal elements are
replaceable in the reusable gasket retainer.
Features and Benefits
- Extremely high reliability sealing and insulating for all critical services
- Seals and insulates at all pressures up through ANSI 2500# and API 10,000#
- Withstands severe service conditions, including large bending moments, vibration, temperature, and pressure cycling
- Withstands corrosive environments, including high concentrations of CO2, H2S, produced water, etc.
- Outstanding isolating properties for cathodic protection, galvanic corrosion, and other pipe system isolation needs
- Pressure activated for reliable sealing and eliminating costly leaks
- Precisely sized to the bore to protect flange faces and prevents
turbulent flow at flanged connections to mitigate media-induced
corrosion and flow-induced erosion
- Eliminates microbially induced corrosion (MIC)
- Mitigates galvanic corrosion in dissimilar metal flanges
- Insulating Kits (sleeves and washers) always include high strength
double washers and full-length sleeves for maximum assurance against
- High strength laminate material resists failure due to excess compression (i.e., over tightening bolts)
- Spring energized PTFE seal provides radial load and encapsulation in the seal groove to eliminate cold flow
- Available to match any flange specification (ANSI, API, BS, DIN, AS, others)
- Can seal mismatched RTJ Flange with Raised Face Flanges
- Easy installation, make up and removal The rigid construction helps
facilitate installation. Low required bolt loads. Less make-up force is
required resulting in less flange and bolt stress. Self-aligning and
centering No special tools required.
- Flange insulation in conjunction with cathodic protection
- Insulation between dissimilar metals to prevent galvanic corrosion
- Wellhead isolation from inter-connected flow lines
- Valve connections
- Christmas Tree connections
- Pump connections
- Compressor connections
- Tanks and heat exchangers with sacrificial anodes to increase anode life
- Mating mismatched ring-joint to raised-face flanges (VCS will seal in ring-joint, raised-face and flat face/slip-on flanges)
- Eliminate fluid trap corrosion between ring-joint (RTJ) flanges
where high concentrations of CO2, H2S, other aggressive hydrocarbon
media are present
- Eliminate turbulence and flow-induced erosion between ring-joint (RTJ) flanges.