Pikotek® VCFS™ Isolating Gaskets/Kits
PRODUCT TYPE: Flange Isolation-Pikotek
The VCFS™ adds fire service capability to the standard Pikotek VCS design. Passes API 6FB fire test standards
spring-energized primary sealing element and an E-ring secondary seal,
seated in an insulating laminate and permanently bonded to a
high-strength metal core, creating a fireproof gasket
The VCFS™* adds fire service capability to the standard Pikotek®
VCS design through the use of a secondary sealing element that is
capable of maintaining a seal while subject to a 1500°F (815°C) fire.
The VCFS fire resistant gasket combines proven sealing performance in
aggressive environments with the capability to pass the API 6FB, 3rd
Edition fire test.
Due to its unique pressure activated sealing mechanism, the heat
resistant gasket requires far less bolt stress to seal than other gasket
types. In addition, the engineered E-ring will serve as a secondary
seal during normal operation and the primary sealing element during a
* Note: The “FS” or “Fire Safe” designation denotes only that this
gasket has successfully passed the API 6FB fire test. Due to the fact
that every fire is unique and many uncontrolled variables are present,
no other claims regarding suitability or performance in a fire are made.
Each designer, user and/or operator will need to assess their
individual situation when deciding to install FS style gaskets. Covered
under patents 266755, 7976074, 2271866.
Features and Benefits
- Maintains seal while subject to a 1500° fire
- Extremely high reliability sealing and insulating for all critical services
- Seals and insulates at all pressures up through ANSI 2500# and API 5000#
- Withstands severe service conditions, including large bending moments, vibration, temperature and pressure cycling
- Withstands corrosive environments, including high concentrations of CO2, H2S, produced water, etc.
- Outstanding insulation properties for cathodic protection
- Pressure activated for reliable sealing and eliminating costly leaks
- Precisely sized to the bore to protect flange faces from
media-induced corrosion and flow-induced erosion. Prevents turbulent
flow at flanged connections
- Eliminates Microbially Induced Corrosion (MIC)
- Mitigates galvanic corrosion in dissimilar metal flanges
- Insulating Kits (sleeves and washers) always include high strength
double washers and full-length sleeves for maximum assurance against
- High strength laminate material resists failure due to excess compression (i.e., over tightening bolts)
- Spring energized PTFE seal provides radial load and encapsulation in the seal groove to eliminate cold flow
- Available to match any flange specification (ANSI, API, BS, DIN, AS, others)
- Can seal mismatched RTJ Flange with Raised Face Flanges
- Easy installation, make up and removal
- Low required bolt loads.
- Less make-up force is required resulting in less flange and bolt stress.
- Self-aligning and centering
- No special tools required.
- Fire-safe flange insulation in conjunction with cathodic protection
- Insulation between dissimilar metals to prevent galvanic corrosion
- Wellhead isolation from inter-connected flow lines
- Valve connections
- Christmas Tree connections
- Pump connections
- Compressor connections
- Mating mismatched ring-joint to raised-face flanges (VCFS will seal in ring-joint, raised-face and flat face/slip-on flanges)
- Eliminate fluid trap corrosion between ring-joint (RTJ) flanges
where high concentrations of CO2, H2S and other aggressive hydrocarbon
media are present
- Eliminate turbulence and flow-induced erosion between ring-joint (RTJ) flanges.
- To seal between flanges subjected to vibration/cavitation (i.e., compressor stations).